Meet Dr. Rebecca Kretschmar
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and to get to know my team and myself better. I look forward to meeting you. The relationships I build with my patients are what keep me fulfilled everyday. I am committed to providing high-quality care based on a foundation of honesty. Honesty guides me at all times because patients like you trust me with your health. I go home each day feeling good about what I do.
It is an exciting time to be a dentist because the impact oral health can have on total body wellness is astonishing. I find people are more educated, more informed and more inquisitive then ever. I believe this is a positive trend and I encourage you to take ownership of your health.
As your dentist my role is to listen, evaluate, educate and provide recommendations. I enjoy being at the forefront of my field. I strive for clinical excellence and I offer you service that is comfortable, cutting-edge, fact-based and friendly. I use high quality materials and techniques designed to give you a long-lasting, healthy results.
I believe you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with, so I am passionate about investing in my team and my community. We have a strong culture at Destination Dentistry that is built on taking care of each other, so we can take care of you. We continuously improve through ongoing education and service to our community.
I am originally from Utah. I received my bachelors of science from the University of Utah. I graduated with highest honors, as Valedictorian, from the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. I then went on to complete my residency at the Veterans Affairs in Salt Lake City. I always knew I did not want to settle down in Utah, so after two years of private practice my husband and I decided to move to the Black Hills.
I met Dr. Dan Custis (now retired) and was invited to join the team at Destination Dentistry in 2013. After being here for a year, I knew I wanted to stay so I decided to purchase the practice with Dr. Dan.
I currently reside in Custer with my husband, Luke. We bought and renovated a 1966 home. We love the outdoors and Custer is the perfect place for us to get out and enjoy it. In my free time I love to bike, hike, paddleboard and ski. I have a passion for traveling and experiencing different cultures.
Dr. Kretschmar’s credentials include:
– Doctorate of Dental Surgery Degree, University of the Pacific Dental School
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Biology, University of Utah
– General Practice Residency from the VA Salt Lake City Health Care System
– Tau Kappa Omega Dental Honor Society
– Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
– Phi Kappa Phi Dental Honor Society
– INVISALIGN Certified Clinician
– Crown Council Qualified Member
– Excellence in Academic Achievement from the University of the Pacific Dental School
– The American Association of Endodontist Student Achievement Award
– Outstanding Clinician Award for Removable Prosthodontics
– 2010 Class Valedictorian, University of the Pacific Dental School