One common excuse often given by people who don’t floss is that the practice is difficult to fit into their daily schedule. If you’ve found this to be true, and feel like you are too busy to floss, here are some suggestions for when to fit this essential dental health habit into your day.
- The most common time is right before bed, but make sure you aren’t too tired to do a good job.
- Right when you wake up is also an option, but if food is left between teeth all night, it can bring about plaque.
- Try just after lunch, before you go back to work.
- Floss while you are in the car sitting in traffic. It’s easier one-handed with the pre-strung floss pics. (You might get some strange looks from other drivers, but it’s worth it.)
- Keep some floss in your gym bag so you can floss after you exercise.
- While you’re watching the nightly news.
We are Drs. Dan Custis and Diana Latinow. Helping our dental patients establish good habits is important, as well as helping them realize the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening, and complete smile redesigns.
We are currently accepting new patients, so give us a call at 605-593-9821 to make an appointment!
A Healthier Whiter Smile
Contact Destination Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):