Do you know that the most common cause of tooth loss among adults is gum disease? The good news is that gum disease is easy to treat at Destination Dentistry in Custer SD, if it is detected in the early stages.
Regular check-ups are essential, but there are warning signs for gum disease that everyone should be looking for.
1. Gums that bleed frequently
2. Gums that are tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
3. A bite that changes suddenly so that your teeth don’t seem to fit together correctly
4. Detached gums
5. A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
6. Loose or separating teeth
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, talk to us right away. Since plaque causes gum disease, removing plaque through regular brushing and flossing is the key to healthy gums.
At Destination Dentistry in Custer SD, we take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have healthy, beautiful smiles they can be proud of. We treat gum disease, and provide family dentistry. Schedule your next checkup with us today.
Contact Destination Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):